Nuffnang Leaderboard AD

Friday, October 03, 2014

Hair Story: Underlayer Color by Ms. V Salon

For the longest time, this was my 'dream hair':
pink fading ombre
I've been all over it because it doesn't seem as hard to maintain as a full head color. It doesn't look like your roots are growing out, and the layered cut is perfect for the fading ombre! I like this type of ombre over the usual balyage and dip-dye styles. However, almost 3 months ago, I decided to go with an underlayer color style. This was one of my hairspirations (sorry):


I adore this peek-a-boo style. If needed, you can just let your hair down and it'll look err-- 'presentable' (from behind that is! lol). Also, you don't have to worry about roots!

There's this neighborhood salon I used to go to since I was a little kid, called Ms. V Salon. I figured I'll be more comfortable explaining to their hairstylists what I wanted done.  

Ms. V! Salon (taken from their Fb page)
I showed them my hair pegs. They offered hair extensions and dip-dye, but I was dead set on just having it colored. The plan was to color my underlayer with the lightest hi-lift blond my hair could handle then I'll just use semi-permanent hair dye to change the color.

They used L'Oreal Majilift to color my hair. They offered to bleach it instead, but bleached hair is high maintenance. I felt a little adventurous, but I didn't feel that adventurous at the time so I declined.

The top bun is my natural hair that was left untouched and everything else got treated.

at Ms. V! Salon
The Result
underlayer

This was taken around 3 weeks after the treatment. It turned out as a Level 7 Medium Blond. Not as light as I preferred, but that's to be expected since I didn't have my hair bleached. I'm kind of regretting that.

I have 2 Manic Panic dyes from the Johnny Air package I got. (Read about that here.)

Manic Panic
I did a strand test on my underlayer. I used pure dyes and one that's mixed with white conditioner for pastel effect. Unfortunately, only the pure Hot Hot Pink color was uh- 'absorbed' by my hair. The Purple Haze one probably needs a lighter base or bleached hair. That definitely made me regret not bleaching my hair!

So onto Plan B:

The cheaper alternative would be Shine Moist Henna Wax Color Treatment. Figured it would be the best time to try a different shade. I chose Ruby.

What's in the box 
Inside look
Shine Moist Ruby
I wrote a Shine Moist tutorial here for those who want to check it out. The color came out a reddish brown. It only lasted less than 3 weeks. That's with using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner too. Ohwell~ that's red for you! So when that faded out, I applied Shine Moist in Cyclamen.

Shine Moist in Cyclamen (underlayer)
Shine Moist in Cyclamen (underlayer)
I checked out the other colors from the Shine Moist Henna Wax line and I don't really like the other ones on there. Right now I'm contemplating on bleaching my hair so I can finally use my Manic Panic dyes. Do you know where I can have that done? Should I DIY it? What have you done with your hair lately? Comment below!

Ms. V!
140 Dragon St. cor Karayom Midtown Subd.
San Roque, Marikina City 1801
Phone: (02) 682 5416

No comments:

Post a Comment